Millville News

Old Mill Days City Celebration – Saturday June 16th 2018

Tennis/Pickleball Tournament 

  • For more information, see full notice below.

Fun Run: 7:00 a.m.

  • Registration begins @ 6:30 a.m. Race starts and ends at the North Park.

Parade: 10 a.m.

  • Click HERE for the route.
  • Contact Lindsay Zollinger to enter: 435.770.7917

Dinner at the South Park: 5 - 6:30 p.m.

Night Out Against Crime: 5 - 7 p.m.

Car Show: 5 - 8 p.m.

  • Registration begins @ 4:30 p.m. at South Park
  • Contact Kevin Allen to register: 435.753.4042

Kids Rodeo: 7 p.m.

  • Stick Horse Races, Mutton Bustin, Ribbon Pull, Rabbit & Pig Chase & Goat Tying
  • Sign up at the South Park: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.

Knockerball: 6 - 8 p.m.


Annual Doubles Tennis & Pickleball Tournament

Millville City is sponsoring their Annual Doubles Tennis & Pickleball Tournament for May 21– June 16.

  • Tennis Divisions:  Men’s DoublesWomen’s DoublesAdult MixedParent/Child
    • (child= 15yrs old and under;  anyone 16 or older can join the Men, Women, or Mixed divisions)
  • Pickleball Divisions: Adult Doubles, Parent/Child, Child Doubles (child <= 15yrs)
  • One Time entrance fee of $5 per resident, $10 per non-resident
  • Sign up Deadline is at 8pm Saturday May 19
  • Tournament Grids & Player phone numbers will be posted at the Millville Courts by 3pm May 21.
  • Teams will arrange their own matches at any venue they desire, except for the finals, which will be scheduled at the Millville City Courts for June 16.
  • Schedule your OWN matches with your opponents; however, the 1st round MUST be completed by June 2nd, 2nd round by June 9th, and ALL FINALS will be scheduled for the weekend of Millville Days= June 15th and 16th (Pickleball the evening of the 15th; Tennis= the morning of the 16th, right after the Millville fun run).
  • Every team bring a new can of balls to each match- the winner takes home the unopened can.
  • Report winnings to Mollie Anderson after each match.
  • Standard Pickleball sets and scoring.
  • Prize money awarded to 1st & 2nd place winners.

To Sign up, Contact Mollie or Donny Anderson by email: or text: 801-815-3455 or call: 435-713-4151 before May 21th



City Council Budget Public Hearing

The Millville City Council will hold a public hearing on Thursday, May 24, 2018, beginning at 7:15 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible, at the Millville City Office, 510 East 300 South, Millville, Utah, 84326, for the purpose of receiving public input on the proposed revisions for the FY18 budget and the FY19 budget and certified tax rate.

Copies of the information are available for inspection HERE or at the City Office. Interested persons are encouraged to attend and make comment or submit written comment prior to the hearing.


Notice of Certification of Annexation Petition

Pursuant to Section 10-2-406, U.C.A., Millville City, Utah, hereby gives notice as follows:

  1. A petition proposing the annexation of real property has been filed with Millville City by Dan Hunsaker.
  2. On April 30, 2018, the Millville City Council received the required Notice of Certification from the City Recorder certifying that the Petition meets the requirements of State Law.
  3. The area proposed for annexation in the petition is described as follows:

County Parcel 03-035-0073

Lot 3 Cripple Creek Estates subd Cont 2.85 AC SIT SE /4 SEC 22 T 11N R 1E

  1. The complete Annexation Petition is available HERE. If you have questions, please contact Recorder Corey Twedt,, (435) 881-2669.
  2. Millville City may grant the Petition and annex the above described area unless a written protest to the Annexation Petition is filed with the Cache County Boundary Commission, by an authorized protestor, and a copy of the protest is delivered to the Millville City Recorder. Any protest must be filed as herein stated by no later than June 2, 2018.

Corey Twedt, City Recorder

First Responder Volunteers Wanted


Nibley-Millville Emergency Medical Services is currently recruiting new members who would be willing to serve their communities by providing volunteer pre-hospital emergency medical care. Applicants must hold a current Emergency Medical Technician certification through the Utah Bureau of Emergency Medical Services OR be willing to attend and successfully complete an Emergency Medical Technician course. Financial tuition assistance is available. For more information, please contact Chris Searle at


More News Items